Thursday, February 12, 2015

A Delayed Christmas Gift

I know I've been awfully behind on blog posts, but I figured I should get the "surprise" out there on the blog! I am currently close to being 7 months pregnant, and time is going by faster than ever. I don't recall the first pregnancy going by this quickly, but I suppose it is only natural because I have another child to take care of this time around. I do however, feel less anxious and much more relaxed with this pregnancy (maybe a little too relaxed at times). The downside is the fact that we have not yet decided upon a name!

Little J seems to be somewhat excited when we mention that he will now become a big brother. He started off by being particularly needy with me after we told him the fact, and then there was a time when he would want to rub belly balm on my growing belly and smother the bump with hugs and kisses. He has also developed a huge interest in other babies, and began babying his stuffed animals. Lately, he has been saying that his "little brother" will be playing cars with him (I assured him that would all happen in due time), so I think he's starting to get it. I know that Little J will be a wonderful older brother!

The thought of handling two children is a bit daunting, but I am trying to enjoy this time of having one as best as I can until that day arrives. I hear the challenge is not just double the trouble, but that it becomes exponentially more challenging. Either way, we are very excited for this new addition to our little family and will attempt to take it one moment at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment